Telecare and assistive technologies refer to a range of devices that have been designed to enable a vulnerable person to call for assistance manually or automatically. They will allow people to continue living in their own home, while minimising risks associated with real time emergencies. Moreover, they can help with daily tasks or activities such as remembering to take medication. One of … Read More about Telecare and Mobile SOS Device
Supporting healthy lifestyles for people in the Eastern Algarve community. We are a one-stop shop for expat communities, consisting of a number of Professionals and Partners who provide a variety of the most frequently needed services.
- AHSC Training Day Hosted by Centre Algarve 9th February 2018
- Presenting a UK Prescription 31st January 2018
- Join our Team 25th January 2018
- Training day 19th January 2018
- Multiple sclerosis patients to have routine access to beta interferon drug, says NICE in new draft guidance. 27th December 2017
- Social Care options from Algarve Health & Social Care 19th December 2017
- Dementia study sheds light on how damage spreads through brain 10th December 2017
- Abraxane to be available for pancreatic cancer 26th November 2017
- Portuguese consumers’ attitudes towards food labelling 25th November 2017
- AHSC in conjunction with the British Consulate 25th November 2017
It is our aim to provide ‘peace of mind’ and professional nursing care for expat residents in the Algarve.
We provide Community nursing, Respite care, Domiciliary care, and Equipment hire
We provide numerous options related to supporting a person with their activities of everyday life and providing company for that person, such as simply sharing a coffee and providing companionship, though to going shopping and preparing meals
Psychotherapy & Counselling
Psychotherapy & Counselling are umbrella terms that cover a range of talking therapies.
Our integrative Psychotherapist uses clinical hypnotherapy alongside a range of other therapeutic techniques
We are a company that provides a meal service in the Tavira area to those that would benefit from having home-cooked food prepared for them. We can provide a collection service or deliver meals on a daily or weekly basis. The meals are home cooked and can be delivered to your home or picked up from Tavira, … Read More about Meal Service
It is our aim to provide ‘peace of mind’ and professional nursing care for expat residents in the Algarve. This ‘peace of mind’ comes through knowing that there is a service able to meet the needs of expats with healthcare issues, both long term or for short periods of immediate need.
This is the first time that many in the Algarve can now feel reassured that there is a friendly, English-speaking nursing service. In the past many have returned to their country of birth to convalesce or heal. Now help is available for the unwell or frail, and their family and friends; it need not be difficult to find the support you need.